[Peace-discuss] Johnson opposes military action in Libya

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Mar 25 15:58:22 CDT 2011

Yeah, this is one of the talking points of the no big deal crowd: there's
been no declaration of war since WW II.

But that is fundamentally misleading, because 1) the WPR talks about
declaration of war *or* authorization of force; both Iraq wars were
authorized, the war in Afghanistan was authorized and 2) it was in
significant measure because of the Korea and Vietnam experience that
Congress passed the War Powers Resolution.

naiman at justforeignpolicy.org