[Peace-discuss] Nucear radiation

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Sun Mar 27 12:05:40 CDT 2011

For those interested, entranced or obsessed, three references (below). Partial antidotes to nuclear  health hysteria. The abstracts to these give the basic information. Consult wikipedia for more…[Health and nuclear radiation]

Quoting a friend physicist from Argonne National Laboratory:

     There are many reputable papers on this subject.  I
refer you in particular to the two attached PDFs:
"Nuclear Energy and Health", and  "Joint Report of
he Académie des Sciences (Paris) and of the Académie
Nationale de Médecine."  Excerpt from the latter:

> "In summary, animal experiments show the existence of a dose below which no excess
> in tumour incidence is detectable, which suggests the existence of a practical threshold.
> Furthermore, most of the dose–effect relationships are not linear but rather linear-quadratic
> or quadratic, and a hormesis is observed in about 40% of the experiments. The
> existence of a threshold is particularly obvious following contamination by á-emitter
> radionuclides. It is of interest that the same observation is made in humans, because it
> shows that animal data can provide useful information for humans."

     You might also be interested in this:
http://www.jpands.org/vol9no1/chen.pdf.

--mkb