[Peace-discuss] Progressives for War: Obama Vindicated

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 08:43:03 CDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Nick Burbules <burbules at gmail.com>
To: todays-news at googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, May 4, 2011 6:23:54 AM
Subject: [PBD - Progressive Blog Digest] 5/04/2011 06:19:00 AM

SUCCESS HAS A THOUSAND PARENTS, FAILURE IS AN ORPHAN

Heavy ironies

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/05/finishing_the_story.php
As most of you know, back during the 2008 election, then-candidate Barack Obama
said that he would not hesitate to order an attack on Osama bin Laden inside
Pakistan, with or without permission, if he had good intelligence to act on. He
was pilloried first by Hillary Clinton and then much more aggressively by John
McCain who used the statement as evidence of Obama's inexperience. . . .

More:
http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/torture-apologists-have-rewrite-all-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/obama-pakistan-policy_n_856321.html

The GOPers want the credit to go to Bush

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/how-republicans-are-claiming-credit-for-the-death-of-osama-bin-laden.php

Bush's one-time Chief of Staff Andrew Card claimed his former boss "made sure
that everything was in place so that President Obama could have an opportunity
to -- to get Osama bin Laden, and it finally happened." . . . [read on]

More:
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/05/03/osama_reactions_guide

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/republicans-rush-rewrite-history-bush-and-bin-laden

Condi Rice, still sucking up to her old boss

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2011_05/029259.php
This morning on Fox & Friends, former National Security Adviser and Secretary of
State Condoleezza Rice joined the chorus of conservatives heaping praise onto
her former boss, suggesting that Bush's bullhorn speech at Ground Zero was
"probably the most important moment maybe in American history." . . . [read on]

Eyes on Pakistan

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/pakistan-under-harsh-scrutiny-in-wake-of-raid-on-bin-laden-compound.php

Intelligence officials have long suspected that Pakistan's weak and fractured
government may be host to rogue elements either disinterested in catching -- or
actively sympathetic to -- anti-Western terrorists. But the presence of Bin
Laden's heavily fortified compound in a garrison town near Islamabad magnified
concerns that Al Qaeda had help from the inside in concealing its leader's
location. . . . [read on]

More: http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/2011/05/how-important-is-pakistan/

http://swampland.time.com/2011/05/03/cia-chief-breaks-silence-u-s-ruled-out-involving-pakistan-in-bin-laden-raid-early-on/

CIA Chief Breaks Silence: Pakistan Would Have Jeopardized bin Laden Raid

Gruesome, but politically important question: Should the US release photos of
the dead Bin Laden?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/05/curious_what_you_think.php

The birthers are gone -- now come the deathers

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/birth-of-deathers.html

Obama’s popularity takes a big bounce, and oh do the Repubs want to change the
subject!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/republicans-the-town-halls-were-about-gas-prices.php

House GOP: Great News On OBL -- Now How About Those Gas Prices?

Glenn Beck: “Kill Obama” (Of course it was a slip of the tongue, er, right? But
why does it keep happening on Fox, and nowhere else?)

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/yes-folks-glenn-beck-went-there

Everyone knows that Greta Van Susteren gives Sarah! the friendliest of
interviews on Fox News. Now Sarah! returns the favor

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/05/03/972731/-Sarah-Palin-names-Greta-Van-Susteren-most-influential-journalist

Bonus item: What if they gave a Presidential debate, and nobody came?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/you_call_that_a_debate/2011/05/03/AF2eCWhF_blog.html

***If you enjoy PBD and support what we are doing, you can help by forwarding a
copy of this issue to your friends (using the envelope link below) or by sending
them a copy of its URL (http://pbd.blogspot.com).

I don't get anything personally out of this project, except the satisfaction of
doing it (I don't run ads, etc). The credit really all goes to the people whose
material I copy and redistribute. But if I do have a "mission," it is to get
this information into the hands of as many people as I can.***

--
Posted By Nick Burbules to PBD - Progressive Blog Digest at 5/04/2011 06:19:00
AM