[Peace-discuss] Aspects of the "necessary murder"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed May 4 19:41:45 CDT 2011

One does wonder what would happen if President Chavez sent Venezuelan Special
Forces to attack a heavily-defended residence in Manhattan and executed Henry
Kissinger (and several other people), because he was responsible for the "first
9/11" - in Chile, September 11, 1973, when Gen. Pinochet's forces demolished
Latin America's oldest and most vibrant democracy and established a regime of
torture and repression. The official death toll then was about the same as bin
Laden's 9/11 - but the actual toll was doubtless much higher, and of course the
Pinochet regime went on to practice and encourage murder and torture throughout LA.