[Peace-discuss] road trip to Iowa for Ron Paul?

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Nov 15 20:21:39 CST 2011

In December 2003/January 2004 - when I was a graduate student - I
spent the winter break in Ames, Iowa, as a volunteer for Kucinich,
coordinating the campaign in Ames.

I am thinking of doing something similar now - for Ron Paul.

The Iowa Republican caucus is essentially an open primary. You just
have to show up, register as a Republican, and then you can vote.

A new Bloomberg poll shows that the race is a four way statistical
tie: Cain, Paul, Romney, Gingrich.

This means that any mobilization effort could tip the balance.

What if we got a group of people from C-U, picked a target where we
thought we could be useful (the Kucinich campaign sent me to Ames
because it's a campus town), rented an apartment for a month, and
worked on mobilizing peace voters for the caucus on January 3?

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org