[Peace-discuss] Obama vs. the Occupy movment

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 16 09:52:43 CST 2011

[It seems clear that the Obama administration, working for its Wall
St. patrons, is coordinating the police attacks on the Occupy
movements around the country. --CGE]

Top Aide to Oakland Mayor Resigns over Occupy Raid: Mayors, Police Are
Doing Wall Street’s Business

The raid in New York City came one day after police officers cleared
the Occupy Oakland encampment in California and arrested 32 people.
Two prominent members of Oakland Mayor Jean Quan’s team have resigned
over the past day. Hours before Monday’s raid, legal adviser to the
mayor’s office, Dan Siegel, resigned to protest the city’s crackdown
on the Occupy movement. Last night, Deputy Oakland Mayor Sharon Cornu
also stepped down. "I’m horrified as to what happened in Oakland
yesterday and in New York today," Siegel tells us during our live
broadcast. "The people who are working for these mayors and police and
so on are doing Wall Street’s business for them, and we need to stand
up against it."

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/11/15/top_aide_to_oakland_mayor_resigns