[Peace-discuss] update on the Champaign police

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:08:44 CST 2011

Belden wrote:
> I sent the video of police violence to people associated with the Institute
> for Race Relations in London, and also to a friend whose wife is in the
> House of Lords..  It is now circulating in England.
> Belden

Excellent! Spread the video far and wide. Together, the pressure from
within and notice world-wide will work.

Though I really like the civil disobedience idea of refusing to buy
anything in the city of Champaign for the biggest shopping time of the
year, until Champaign accepts the 7 demands. Amendment to the buying
ban: you can buy from north end businesses and black owned businesses,
but no other Champaign business. Urbana is fine to buy from.

The proposal, as far as I know, was not approved. [drat]

-karen medina