[Peace-discuss] And what distinguishes the US from Nazi Germany, Stalin's USSR, or any other totalitarian state?

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sat Nov 26 19:43:42 CST 2011

      An now even the pretense of non-totalitarian democracy is rapidly disappearing again just as it did for the Japanese citizens of the US in WWII.  Tell me again what makes the US so different from any other totalitarian State and its  population so much more open and fair minded supporters of the principles of civil government and justice?  How is it that the people should be trusted to pursue and support good, fair, just democratic government that holds the principles that it proclaims dear when it is the public that elects and supports not only proposals such as these but elects officials such as these over and over again.

      If you are a Native American, a Hispanic, a Afro-American, or any other minority in this country, then the American Homeland has always been a part of the battlefield – and in many instances, it has been the main battlefield in the battle for equity, justice, and fairness.  Unfortunately, the victims have often been co-opted into believing and supporting the policies, actions, and values of the establishment even when it was against their own interests and then internalize a state of denial.

      Reader Supported News | 26 November 11

      It's Live on the HomePage Now:
      Reader Supported News

      FOCUS | Senate Bill: America Is Now Part of the Battlefield

      Chris Anders, ACLU
      Anders writes: "In support of this harmful bill, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) explained that the bill will 'basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield' and people can be imprisoned without charge or trial 'American citizen or not.' Another supporter, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) also declared that the bill is needed because 'America is part of the battlefield.'"
      READ MORE

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.