[Peace-discuss] Response to attack on an anti-war vote in Congress

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Nov 27 10:25:03 CST 2011

The local Congressional representative, Tim Johnson, has a piece in
this morning's News-Gazette in response to an underhanded attack by a
pro-war Democratic front group that calls itself "Iraq and Afghanistan
Veterans of America." (The local chapter of Iraq Veterans Against the
War has been misled into repeating IAVA's attack.)

Even Johnson's opponents admit that his staff devotes a lot of time to
constituent services, and he easily refutes the charge that he has
been inattentive to veterans' concerns.  The real target of the IAVA
group is of course his anti-war voting record.

I can't find Johnson's piece  on the increasingly inadequate News-
Gazette website, so I'll try to copy it and post it here later.  --CGE