[Peace-discuss] broken chair sculpture, Geneva, in opposition to land mines and cluster bombs

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 10:49:17 CDT 2011

Which, as I recall, the US (and Israel) did NOT sign. Unbelievable; shameful. --Jenifer

--- On Fri, 9/30/11, Karen Medina <kmedina67 at gmail.com> wrote:
I just learned of an interesting sculpture in Geneva. A broken chair
-- put up by Handicap International to symbolize opposition to land
mines and cluster bombs. The monument acts as a reminder to
politicians and others visiting Geneva.

The 12 meter chair is in of support an international treaty on a ban
on Cluster Bombs (Convention on Cluster Munitions), which was signed
in Oslo in December 2008.

-- karen medina