[Peace-discuss] Saturday's Rally and March

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Sun Oct 9 19:58:33 CDT 2011

Thanks to everyone who showed-up Saturday and participated in the rally/march/ Chase Bank occupation.

It was a GREAT success thanks to you !

WE got some good media coverage from the two local corporate media TV stations and thanks to Brian Dolinar for photos posted at the U-C IMC and to Mathew Murphy for film footage on You Tube.

I have heard from several sources that yesterday there were over 100 protest actions in the U.S. in support of Occupy Wall Street, in large cities, medium sized college and non-college cities, as well as smaller cities like Springfield Missouri.

Today, I heard from a friend of mine that he was driving down south Neil street at about 3pm, and saw the man in the Guy Fawkes mask ( ala the film, "V for Vendetta" ) who was at the rally/ protest yesterday, standing in front of First Federal Savings and Loan alone, with a sign that read : " You Got Bailed-Out, We Got Sold-Out ".

I would like to extend an invitation to the Guy Fawkes man, to come on the WEFT ( 113 N. Market st. ) Ilinois World Labor Hour Radio program this coming Saturday between 11:30 am - 12 Noon, and talk with us.

" People should NOT be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their PEOPLE ! "

David Johnson
443-8317