[Peace-discuss] several reports of police in NYC and San Franinsympathy with protesters

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Mon Oct 10 23:22:19 CDT 2011

First, for purposes of clarification, I did not read the original article
but responded to what was quoted in the post - the comments in the second
paragraph in particular. Secondly, the remarks in that paragraph does not
distinguish between "white shirt" or command officers and "blue shirt"  or
line patrol officers but refers explicitly to cops in general (e.g., "This
is not to say that the police can be our "friends", nor do I  believe they
are workers in uniform (unlike the soldiers)").  The white shirt cops are
similar to officers in the military in that they are typically considered
management, supervisors, or administrators; whereas the beat cop in blue
shirts are like enlisted men in the military in that they are typically the
line workers.  Thus, this was the basis for my question.  As to who the
command and police management works for or report to, that is an entirely
different matter from what I was enquiring about and answerts to your
questions do not answer mine.