[Peace-discuss] The Responsibility of Intellectuals, Redux

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Sep 9 21:02:52 CDT 2011

I thought that the phrase "speak truth to power" had derived from the Welsh
/Y Gwir yn Erbyn y Byd/  "truth against the world" popularized
by Frank Lloyd Wright (along with its Trinitarian symbol /|\)
and perhaps originated with "Iolo Morganwygg.

It's a thin line between boldness and arrogance.

The admonition to speak truth to one another is certainly a very old one.

Helping people find the truth as opposed to telling them is akin to the
idea of teaching them to fish rather than giving them a fish.