[Peace-discuss] Carl Oglesby on humanist liberals

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Fri Sep 16 20:38:45 CDT 2011

Carl,

This is absolutely Excellent !

Unfortunately the problem with most liberals is that they are ;

1) The older liberals that are living in the past, in the sense that they have not realized ( or refuse to accept ) the changed political landscape / shifting of political alliances from the 1960's / 1970's ( aka. The Class War ) and are totaly focused on identity politics. They continue to live in the fantasy of the past that the democratic party is the " vanguard " of good and change,

2) The younger liberals whom are oppurtunists.
The last thing they would ever do is form any alliance with the Working class that they both despise and fear of ever becoming themselves. Hence they kiss the ass of the ruling class for some type of ; think tank, NGO administrator, etc. job, and then rationalize that they are advancing the interests of humanity when in fact they are nothing but corporate hacks. These are the one's who also support the democratic party to advance their careers into either the DLC or some cabinet position.

3) Working class people who identify with liberals and think that they are also liberals.
This group has the most potential to take to heart Carl Oglesby's message, but probably not until they are betrayed the 5th or 6th time by the dems ( 2016 or 2020 election year ) and have slid from middle class standards into poverty.

David J.