[Peace-discuss] AOTA & news of the week

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 18 16:43:49 CDT 2011

AWARE ON THE AIR will record at the usual time this week (1pm Tuesday
at UPTV/Urbana City Council chambers).

News of the week would seem to me to include the US extension of the
Long War to Africa, from Somalia to Nigeria.  (See especially Jeremy
Scahill in The Nation on Somalia.)

The PA statehood bid at the U.N. is worth noting only for what it
reveals about US policy.

I'd appreciate (a) suggestions for other topics and (b) participation
by by other MOAs (members of AWARE) and FOAs (friends of AWARE); (c)
notices of upcoming events will also be gratefully received.

Regards, CGE

PS - Perhaps because of the 9/11 anniversary, I've had an unusual
number of people whom I don't know stop me in the last week to say
that they appreciate seeing AOTA!