[Peace-discuss] SJP seeks cosponsors for Israeli Apartheid Week - next week!

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 12 03:12:24 UTC 2012

I forgot to raise this at last Sunday's AWARE meeting.

Chris Tuck of Students for Justice in Palestine wrote last week, with
some details for Israeli Awareness Week -- coming next week!  -- and
asking whether AWARE would like to co-sponsor, both in name and, if we
can spare any, some money.  (The mock wall is costly, I hear.)

On 4/6/12 12:50 AM, Chris Tuck <christuck911 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a panel of Robert Naiman, Prof Malekafzali, and Prof Barnes (S
> Af History) scheduled for Monday April 16.  We will show the brand new
> (not yet officially released) film "Roadmap to Apartheid."  And Of
> course we are building a giant mock wall.  The details have yet be to
> finalized, but we expect having a giant wall will make up for what we
> lack in advertising.
Though it's too late for AWARE to contribute money before the week
begins, we could later, and individuals can offer something if they feel
like it.  (I will be...)