[Peace-discuss] Israeli Apartheid Week in C-U, & who's building a wall...

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:38:12 UTC 2012

And some pictures from the U of I apartheid wall by Stuart Levy:
"There'll be better pictures - I need to go take more in the
afternoon, when the light-and-shadow should work out better"
http://dart.ncsa.uiuc.edu/slevy/aware/israeli-apartheid-wall.html

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Robert Naiman
<naiman at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:
> Last night I spoke on a panel on campus organized by Students for
> Justice in Palestine as part of Israeli
> Apartheid Week. My role in the panel was to talk about BDS,
> particularly highlighting the campaign against Ahava cosmetics.
>
> After the panel, a few of us went out to the U of I quad, where
> students had constructed an "apartheid wall" in front of the English
> building. It was a stunning sight, and I am hoping that someone will
> get pictures today during the daylight.
>
> I asked if people were doing that on other campuses - building an
> "apartheid wall" - and the students said, something like ten of them.
> That made me think; wouldn't it be cool to have pictures from all the
> apartheid walls at all the different campuses? That would make quite a
> slide show.
>
> So, I asked around various folks and here is some of what I received back:
>
> SIU Edwardsville put up an Apartheid Wall last month.  Photos are at
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/62645835@N05/sets/72157629674018597/with/6887720452/
>
> Here's a link to the Wall at the University of New Mexico.
> http://unmsjp.org/mockwall/
>
> Here is the U of Arizona wall from last year:
> http://mondoweiss.net/2011/03/univ-of-arizona-student-coalition-builds-massive-mock-wall-to-bring-attention-to-the-occupied-territories-and-the-usmexico-border.html
>
> Here is a selection of apartheid week actions from around the country:
>
> http://blog.endtheoccupation.org/2012/03/dozens-of-us-campaign-member-groups.html
>
> --
> Robert Naiman
> Policy Director
> Just Foreign Policy
> www.justforeignpolicy.org
> naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain