[Peace-discuss] Kathy Kelly and the 04.15.12 drone protest in Missouri

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:43:05 UTC 2012

Roger,

That is an interesting question. I have often seen the claim that
so-and-so has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Besides the Nobel Committee, I suppose the people who nominate a
person would know.

So, I went looking to see who can nominate people and I found this
interesting bit of information:
Qualified Nominators
The right to submit proposals for the Nobel Peace Prize shall, by
statute, be enjoyed by:

1.	Members of national assemblies and governments of states;
2.	Members of international courts;
3.	University rectors; professors of social sciences, history,
philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes
and foreign policy institutes;
4.	Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;
5.	Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;
6.	Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee;
(proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than
at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1) and
7.	Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute.
The Nobel Peace Prize may also be awarded to institutions and associations.

It does not answer your question, but at least we know who besides the
committee might know -- if they nominated someone.

-karen medina

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Roger Helbig <rwhelbig at gmail.com> wrote:
> and how do you know that this woman has been nominated for the Nobel Peace
> Prize - this can not be verified since the nominations are sealed for 50
> years.  That kind of means that anyone can make this claim and no one can
> ever prove or disprove it.  Does anyone reading this have a) copy of the
> nominations and b) proof of receipt by the Nobel Committee?
>

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Rohn Koester <rohnkoester at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> " The Trifecta Resista drone protest at Whiteman Air Force Base 04-15-12.
>> The woman speaking on the blowhorn is three time Nobel Peace Prize nominee
>> Kathy Kelly."
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkiyGXUF3c

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain