[Peace-discuss] know anyone who does Middle East studies & is concerned about US policy in the Middle East?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 2 01:42:04 UTC 2012

Yes, but the danger is that their ignorance might not be invincible.

The government and media have to work hard to defend it.

People are not fools, and the 'manufacture of consent' takes immense effort.

The late Australian sociologist Alex Carey wrote, "The 20th century [was] characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy."