[Peace-discuss] "Show Obama that Bradley Manning is Our Hero", Sept. 6th - Obama's acceptance speech day

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:18:59 UTC 2012

Groups around the country are planning actions in support of Bradley
Manning on Thursday, Sept. 6th - the day of Obama's acceptance speech at
the DNC.    Shall we?   The Alliance for Global Justice organizers are
suggesting taking some action at local Obama campaign headquarters.

Would anyone be up for a demonstration of any sort on that date? I'd
suggest we do it in some fairly well-trafficked visible place (rather
than the Dem HQ) - maybe the Main & Neil corner in Champaign, or the
courthouse/veterans' memorial in Urbana - in the afternoon while it's
still light, like 5pm.   Or, any other ideas? (Think of all the things
we could complain to Obama about, compared with his promise as a peace,
civil liberties, etc. candidate four years ago...)