[Peace-discuss] OMG, I LOVE Andy Borowitz!!

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 28 20:53:38 UTC 2012

The New Yorker's taste in prose is now as corrupt as its politics.

There has been a vast decline in both from the time of William Shawn, a consummate editor and opponent of the Vietnam War, to that of the present editor, a supporter the Iraq war and of Obama's murders.

Chomsky recently noted the ''moral degeneration running throughout the whole intellectual class. And yes, Obama has continued this and in some respects extended it, but it hardly comes as a surprise. The rot is much deeper than that."

--CGE