[Peace-discuss] I am sure the military will ove this and will quickly turn the robot into a weapon.

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Feb 19 19:07:52 CST 2012

Could be right; but I suspect that would be most true of private prisons and civilian prisoners who have already be interrogated, tried, and convicted in the civil justice process.  In today’s environment, it appears that the informal process is what is carrying the day with cops willing to terrorize, hurt, and kill civilians who they want under their thumb but cannot justify taking actions against in formal processes and legal terms.  A robotic weapon that is able to kill cells silently and without any visible trace would make informal street justice easier and more acceptable since it would be harder to hold anyone accountable for the deaths or incapacitation that they could cause.  Most of the persons that such weaponry would be used on are those persons who are not likely to be the ones that would be doing hard time in private prisons any way, given the lack of any amount of sizable evidence against them.