[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Ron Paul, Electoral Politics, and the Workers' Movement

Brussel Morton K. mkb3 at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 18:59:37 CST 2012

Most of us already know that Ron Paul is a reactionary on economic policies, essentially isolationist in foreign policy (although I'm not sure about how he would treat oil and resource extraction corporations, e.g., how to protect them for our national interest), and a "libertarian" on certain civil rights, (excepting women's choice issues)—i.e., let anyone do mostly what they want, discriminate, carry guns wherever, get rid of public education, any social or health safety net,  ….  On the other hand, It might not be a bad idea to advertise/promote his anti-war foreign policy statements vis-a vis Obama and the other Repubs in the interest of popular education, but how could anyone with a humane social concern domestically ever vote for him? The havoc and misery his domestic policies would entail is inestimable. As Carl's opponent, John Reimann, in Dave Johnson's program noted, a dying off (call it murder?) of large segments of our populations could be expected in such an advent. Like in Russia after the USSR was dissolved. If you look at the details, it is simply crazy.

My impressions from that fascinating program.

--mkb