[Peace-discuss] [Discuss] [sf-core] Re: [CentralILJwJ] Fw: [OccupyCU] Fwd: [cchcc-l] Gov. Quinn Announces State-Federal Partnership Health Exchange

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 31 19:59:41 UTC 2012

I think the point is well taken, Rohn. I've frequently asked David Gill his views on the war and have rarely received candid answers.

~ Why hasn't he publicly pledged (as Rep. Johnson did) to vote against funds for war in the Middle East?
~ Why hasn't he admitted (as Rep. Johnson did) that he's changed his position on the war (if he has), since he once espoused Rory Stewart's views?
~ Why hasn't he publicly praised the bipartisan suit by members of Congress (including Rep. Johnson) against Obama's obvious violation of the War Powers Act in Libya (an impeachable offense)?
~ Why hasn't he publicly condemned Obama's murders of US citizens and children (an impeachable offense)?
~ Why hasn't he publicly condemned Obama's illegal drone wars in six countries (an impeachable offense)?

Obviously the most important thing the federal government does is kill people. Many Americans have worked for years to convince their elected representatives to prevent the mass murder carried out by the Bush & Obama administrations on the excuse of 9/11. I'll be sorry to replace one of the few members of Congress who has voted consistently against it with someone whose position is not so clear. --CGE