[Peace-discuss] Left vs Right re grassroots activism--->political power

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 18:39:27 UTC 2012

This came into my inbox from Nation of Change (yeah, dubious ownership) but like many of their articles, it makes sense anyhow... The Q is: how does the right manage this, when the left can't seem to??? Link to entire post is below.Wisconsin Recall: A Battle We Can’t Afford to LoseIsaiah J. Poole, Op-Ed: "Progressives have had a far harder time yoking grassroots activism to electoral politics than conservatives, who quickly managed to translate Tea Party rabble rousing into political
 power," Kohn writes. It is true that progressives need a more solid strategy for electoral and political gains in the face of how, with the aid of the Citizens United ruling, the right and its corporate backers have dominated the political landscape.
http://www.nationofchange.org/wisconsin-recall-battle-we-can-t-afford-lose-1338729798