[Peace-discuss] sleepwalking into the drone age - "I Met a 16-Year-Old Kid. 3 Days Later Obama Killed Him"

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 14 12:17:10 UTC 2012

This article could move a lot of people, I think, who are inclined to
believe the Administration's line about killing only truly deserving
militants with our drone strikes.   We should hand it out at the Market,
at least.

http://www.alternet.org/story/155723/i_met_a_16-year-old_kid._3_days_later_obama_killed_him?page=entire

And I'd really like to include something about drones in the 4th of July
parade.
The picture below is from the AFSC exhibit
    "Windows and Mirrors / Reflections on the War in Afghanistan"
http://www.windowsandmirrors.org/
which was on display in Chicago during the anti-NATO conference - one of
about
thirty large pieces.  Perhaps we could bring the exhibit here -- maybe
in the fall?
But I wonder if we could get permission to reproduce this stark image as
a parade poster.

<http://www.alternet.org/story/155723/i_met_a_16-year-old_kid._3_days_later_obama_killed_him?page=entire>