[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Re: ITS A FRESH WIND THAT BLOWS AGAINST THE EMPIRE

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Fri Mar 16 00:00:18 UTC 2012

Johnson has said that he was wrong to vote for the invasion of Iraq.
And he now votes consistently against any appropriations for war in
the Mideast. (And he's taken other actions consistent with that
position, such as joining the lawsuit against Obama's illegal assault
on Libya.)

Gill so far as I know has not said he was wrong to have supported the
occupation of Afghanistan (as outlined by Conservative MP Rory
Stewart). And he defended the initial assault on AfPak in last night's
debate (as did his Democratic opponent).  He also praised Obama's Iran
policy!

I differ with a lot of Johnson's politics - as I said when I ran
against him as a Green a decade ago. But he's a sure vote against the
war, and we can't say that we'll let the government continue to kill
people in Asia and Africa because we don't like some war opponents'
views on the deficit.

Regards, CGE