[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] The myth of freedom

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Thu Mar 22 18:07:37 UTC 2012

Do you mean to suggest that the academy would penalize people for
their political opinions? Zut alors!

The following is from the Yale faculty webpage:

"John Stoehr is the editor of the Advocate, New Haven's alternative
source of investigative news, political commentary and cultural
criticism. He is an associate fellow at the Yale Journalism
Initiative. He has more than a decade of experience in journalism at
daily and weekly newspapers around the country. During that time, he
had the honor of being selected three times as a fellow of the Arts
Journalism Institutes of the National Endowment for the Arts. He is a
recipient of the Lilly Scholarships in Religion for Journalists. His
writing has appeared in The American Prospect, Columbia Journalism
Review, Dissent, National Memo, Religion Dispatches and The Forward,
among others. He has taught writing, journalism and media studies at
Quinnipiac University, the College of Charleston (S.C.) and Georgia
Southern University. He is a co-founder of Flyover: Art in the
American Outback and he blogs about politics for The Huffington Post
and the New Deal 2.0."