[Peace-discuss] The myth of freedom

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Mar 24 17:36:41 UTC 2012

In a situation where there is significant deprivation of the fulfillment
of needs, the
extreme top is only affected minimally.  The extreme bottom isnt
affected all that much
since it seems to be isolated from provision already.  The middle gets
wiped out.

Pizzas are delivered every day.  As long as there is an unlimited supply
of pizza,
everyone gets all they want or need.  Reduce the numbers of pizzas to a
deprivation
point where there is not enough to go around.  Some will get all they
want.  Some will not.
Those who accumulated pizza wealth at rapid rate will get better and
better at eating
and the weaker slower eaters might not get any on some days.

We see this in pig raising scenarios where there are environmental
deprivations.

The big pigs will eat first and then lie down in front of the feeder and
ask the
others if they are big enough to make them move out of the way.  Finally
the big
pigs get tired of lying in front of the feeder, but the situation is
under their control.

The challenge is to design sustainable systems that allow provision of
needs
while dampening the tendency of a small elite group to dominate and
reduce access.