[Peace-discuss] Fw: Single Payer and the Supreme Court (Single-Payer Action)

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Mon Mar 26 01:58:04 UTC 2012

Well Wayne,

The point is that it is long overdue that the health care system in the U.S. become like the rest of the civilized world, where people are not denied health care and die as a result or lose their homes because of an operation and a prolonged stay in the hospital.
On a personal note, I am profoundly grateful to Rob Blagoavich (sp. ) and Illinois Kid Care.
My daughter had chest pains last month and my wife took her to the emergency room. After five hours of tests they couldn't determine what was wrong. She began to feel better by the end of the day. We got the hospital bill last Thursday for $ 4593.00, but our amount due was $ 0, thanks to Illinois KidCare.

The U.S. has the highest health care costs in the world yet is ranked 37th in quality of care world-wide, worse than Cuba and Costa Rica and slightly better than Uzbekistan.

What rubs me the wrong way about the Obama phony health care bill is that it forces people by threat of a fine to buy an over-priced inferior product and prevents states like Vermont from having their own single-payer system which the voters overwhelming approved and also prevents the republican govenor of North Dakota from establishing a state single-buyer of prescription drugs from Canada for the citizens of North Dakota.
As an example, when I quit my job at the School district and went to buy my monthly supply of high blood pressure medicine without health insurance. It cost $ 108.00 for a ONE MONTH supply of pills. Immediately after that experience I found a place in Canada on-line to buy the very same perscription and dose and it cost me $ 123.00 for a SIX MONTH supply.

My German national wife has lived under a national health care system and the U.S. system and she states emphaticly that we in the U.S. are getting ripped-off with higher prices and inferior care.

If someone wants to have private health insurance be my guest, but I resent the fact ( to put it mildly ) that I ( and others in the U.S. ) are  prevented from having a REAL public option, that being Medicare part E....Medicare for EVERYONE who wants it.

David Johnson