[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Notes on co-opting Occupy

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Thu May 3 22:06:30 UTC 2012

Carl,

Great E-mail !

Yes, the UAW bureaucrats are very much involved in the 99 % Spring thing.
When I went to their pathetic training in Chicago in March, the head of the
UAW Northern Ilinois Region was there.
I saw the UAW logo on his polo shirt and  commented on it, and that is when
he introduced himself to me.
I know Greg Shotwell who Louis ( original e-mail subject author ) refers to
and YES ! The UAW over the last 30-years has de-evolved into a corporate
collaborationist so called " union " from it's once proud militant heritage
and actions during the 1930's and 40's and even through the 70's.
I said from the begining of the Occupy Movement that rank and file Union
members need an Occupy Movement within the Unions as well, coordinated with
the general Occupy Movement.
Many liberals may feel uncomfortable about this topic, but they must
understand that although the neo-liberal capitalists are the primary enemy,
the majority of the Union bureaucracy ( with the grand exception of the
U.E. - United Electrical Workers ) are collaborators just as the French
Vichy " government " were collaborators with the nazis, and hence we need to
support not the collaborators, but instead the REAL Resistance and REAL
democracy !
If anyone doubts my statements I would be more than happy to give specific
examples about the UAW 's track record alone, not to mention other Union's
malfeasence against the democratic will and the best interests of their
members they are suppose to represent.

David Johnson