[Peace-discuss] rape denialism on the left: a case study

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Nov 12 19:45:43 UTC 2012

According to the News-Gazette, the next court date in the IMC rape
case is November 20:

Urbana man charged with sex assault
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/courts-police-and-fire/2012-09-22/urbana-man-charged-sex-assault.html

I heard a report that someone was trying to organize a "cheerleading
squad" at the courthouse in support of the accused rapist.

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to this report?

I'm writing an expose for a national progressive website on rape
denialism on the left, and the IMC rape case is going to be my case
study.

If anyone would like to be interviewed for this article, please let me know.

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org