[Peace-discuss] anyone to help run Saturday AWARE market, including transporting swag?

Levy, Stuart A salevy at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 15 18:45:32 UTC 2012

Thank you very much, Rohn!

Rohn Koester <rohnkoester at gmail.com> wrote:

Stuart, thanks for the message -- I'll pick up the stuff, set up, and work the first shift.

Rohn

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Stuart Levy <salevy at illinois.edu<mailto:salevy at illinois.edu>> wrote:
Hello all,

Karen and I will be away this Saturday, and we're looking for people who can help run the AWARE Farmer's Market table in our absence, *including* transporting a carload of swag -- tables, chairs, leaflets, calendars, stickers, signs, etc.   It all fits, tightly, in a 4-door compact car's back seat + trunk, or in a hatchback.

It's 8AM - 1PM Saturday, inside Lincoln Square.

Ron and Carl have offered to help, but it shouldn't fall just on them.   I'd say if no one else is available for at least one side of transport (at 7:40am or at 1pm), that we should cancel for this week.

This could mean any of ...
    Pickup[*]/transport/setup, maybe 7:40am - 9:30am
    middle shift, say 9:30am - 11:30am
    final shift/packup/return, 11:30am - 1:00pm

[*]Details:
    Around 7:40, pick up the market swag our garage --
       1108 Foley Ave in Champaign, near Hessel Park --
    and drive to Lincoln Square.

    Our booth is #W27, in the west hallway just west from the cross point - we're the second booth from the corner - and along the north side of that hallway, adjacent to some of Piato's potted plants. There *should* be a chalked notation on the floor.

     If you're able to park temporarily in one of the post-office loop spaces, and walk in by the north side entrance, that's a good way to go.

     Our garage is open-able.   Just lift.

  -- Stuart 369-3485