[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] My Resignation From the Occupy CUListserv

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 19:36:18 UTC 2012

Note: This is sent only to peace-discuss

Some of my random thoughts on the "censorship" of the OccupyCU list:
* OccupyCU has a different set of goals and rules for their list(s)
than does peace-discuss.
* Kicking someone off a non-public listserv is somewhere inside the
triangulation of the following three acts: 1) un-friending someone on
Facebook, 2) the group voting to change the channel on something we
were all watching, and 3) the group voting to not mic check (because a
listserv is like a megaphone in some ways). If this is censorship,
make the most of it.

Having said that, I do believe that we do not need to avoid
disagreements. If we all agreed, we would be redundant.*

-karen medina

* [This was not my original thought. I got it from Stuart years ago.
And he tells me he got it from someone else.]