[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] My Resignation From the Occupy CUListserv

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Nov 18 21:04:45 UTC 2012

David,
I think that we need a bit thicker skin to get along with one another.

You know, I am not offended at all by being called a bigot or analogized
to some sort of sphincter. It dont mean shee-it to me.

It was Sarah not Rachel that I made the "Man up" statement toward.  It
seemed way too obvious to let it just slide by.  Also there is no doubt
that I take some enjoyment from their
too predictable "reaction", but really I think some of the people take
themselves far too seriously.

Well the truth is that I typed it but thought to retract it but hit send
instead and then I thought... well so what.

Some one used the terms Sister Sandpaper and Brother Rasp to describe
the work that needs to be done to approach interpersonal relations.

Actually I recall that you and I had some pretty harsh words before we
realized that we had a lot more in common than we at first thought.

Rachel wrote to me and among other things wondered why I should give a
ripe red one about what happens in the USA particularly since I have
emigrated.  Well I do still hold an American Passport (it aint so easy
to do without it) and like some other ex-patriateds
like Max Keiser and WilliamBanzai7 (who live in Paris, and HongKong,
respectively) I still have some interest in seeing some problems fixed.
  It's hard to say that what happens in
the USA doesnt matter.

It's a good thing that I wasnt there for the Occupy uprising.  If they
had come at me and my comrades with pepper spray today, I'd be back with
something more substantialtomorrow.  Maybe not a gun, but probably
enough to get me put in the pokey.  At least a cudgel of some sort.  And
that would no doubt have been a bad idea, and I really do hate being
arrested.

So while my comment may have been on the edge or maybe over the edge,
I certainly am not going to retract it, and I think that even the most
whiny of them know exactly what I meant, and they ought not say that it
was sexist.

Wayne