[Peace-discuss] a note on Holocaust denial

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 20:47:00 UTC 2012

The denial that I'm worried about is, among many other things, regarding the willful and planned Israeli ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians, begun in earnest in 1947 and continuing at the present time. It's important, because it's widespread and politically consequential.

The small cult of Holocaust denial has had to be exaggerated out of all proportion, partly in order to justify Israeli depredations, as well as to distract attention from ongoing American-sponsored atrocities around the world.

Chomsky says that in the U.S., we have done the right thing by not suppressing Holocaust denial, as they have in some countries in Europe. Suppression and illegality only attracts more attention to the phenomenon. In the U.S., people are allowed to deny the Holocaust, they're recognized as lunatics, and nobody cares except a few individuals like Deborah Lipstadt who have made careers out of exaggerating the problem.

Spending 15 years studying Holocuast denial, JFK conspiracy theories & 9/11 conspiracy theories, etc. should be seen as a waste of time and a distraction by anyone who is serious about the real problems in the world.

But Holocaust denial has served well those who continue to deny what Israel has become--of course, only with the help of American support.