[Peace-discuss] LABOR'S WORLD VIEW T.V.

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Sat Nov 24 20:13:10 UTC 2012

LABOR'S WORLD VIEW T.V.

SUNDAY NOV. 25TH, 4-5PM

Comcast channel 6
Urbana Public Television

and now
Web-streamed LIVE world-wide at ;
www.urbanapublictelevision.org/livestream

THE HEALTH CARE MOVIE

We will be screening this excellent film from Physicians for Single Payer Health Care and the organization Health Care NOW.

Narrated by Kiefer Sutherland, this film interviews people in the U.S. and Canada about their respective health care systems, with extensive interviews of Canadian Patients, Doctors and other Health Care Providers about how the Canadian system works.
Also, this film shows a history of the battle by Kiefer Sutherland's grandfather Tommy Douglas and scores of ordinary Canadian citizens during the early 1960's to get their MEDICARE FOR ALL health care system.
The point is that the Canadian people had to ORGANIZE and FIGHT against massive corporate special interests to get MEDICARE for ALL.
It was NOT given to them by benevolent politicians.
Specific organizing tactics are discussed by the Canadians who helped make it happen. Lessons we in the U.S. should learn in order to stop the assualt that will soon be launched upon us by ; the Obama Administration, corporate democrats and their republican allies, that will weaken and eventually destroy our Medicare and Social Security systems.
This film is both informative ( to counter the corporate lies ) and an inspiration to know what to do to defend our Medicare and Social Security and to DEMAND Medicare for All  NOW !