[Peace-discuss] War and the election

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Tue Oct 2 02:29:40 UTC 2012

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/09/30/race-for-the-white-house-2012-whom-to-root-for/

"...voting for any of the two major party candidates for president this year is clearly impossible for anti-interventionists, whether they be of the left or the right. The reason is because the voter who casts his ballot for a candidate who then unleashes, say, a horrific and unjustifiable war, must take full moral responsibility for the consequences, i.e. the deaths, the damage to our liberties, etc....

"...the neocons are on their way to completely discrediting themselves politically. With that accomplished, Republican politicians such as Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and others coming up in the ranks, who question the war-all-the-time “foreign policy” dogma that has dominated the GOP since the cold war era, will have much more space to advance their previously heretical views. In the context of the past decade, the first order of business for any pro-peace political movement must be the utter destruction of the neocons’ political machine, which means ending their influence in the Republican party. With Romney defeated — in a landslide, I predict — the way will be opened to the further growth and development of the Paulian movement..."