[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Three Obama-appointed Appeals Judges rule for indefinite detention

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 4 00:21:43 UTC 2012

> http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2012/10/court-extends-stop-on-order-blocking-indefinite-detention-137259.html?hp=r4
>
> CLARIFICATION 2 (Tuesday, 5:01 P.M.): This post has been revised to clarify that all three judges were appointed to the appeals court by Obama.

And the one Supreme Court justice who has taken an unequivocal position against Obama's patently unconstitutional imprisonment without trial is Antonin Scalia, who wrote in Hamdi v. Rumsfled (2004), "The very core of liberty secured by our Anglo-Saxon system of separated powers has been freedom from indefinite imprisonment at the will of the Executive."

So much for the argument that the Supreme Court is the reason to vote for Obama. --CGE