[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Why we should vote (& much more) against Obama

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Thu Oct 25 16:13:49 UTC 2012

Rachel--

If we're casting Shakespeare, I'd prefer to be the Venetian general rather than the Roman one - particularly since recent work has shown the extent to which the play Othello is based on Italian comedy/farce (<http://www.theshakespeareunderground.com/2012/09/the-comedy-of-othello-commedia-dellarte-and-shakespeare-the-genre-bender/>).

Ya'aqov would make a good Iago (cf. "motiveless malignancy") - and I suppose you could be Emilia...

Surely a more worthwhile enterprise than the present discussion. --CGE