[Peace-discuss] Eastwood channels Ron Paul; sticks it to the Repubs and MSM!!

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Sep 2 14:00:17 UTC 2012

Eastwood put Rominy and GOP neocons who support him in quite a fix,
stating that he was against the wars in afghanistan and Iraq.  The applause
was quite interesting.  Some in the crowd "heard" what Eastwood was
saying, and
offered no cheers.  But there is a still an antiwar crowd in the GOP and
some of them
really do get it.

I seriously doubt that the Romulan has any intention of coming home from
anywhere,
and I am pretty sure that his handlers would spike Romney if he started
spouting such
sane anti-war talk.

Obviously the Eastwood monologue was a strong attack on Obama's performance,
but I feel it was also an attack on Romney.

To wit:

"we do not have to be metal masochists and vote for somebody that
we don’t really even want in office just because they seem to be nice guys
or maybe not so nice guys..."

Which seems to describe the very unlikable and not-well-liked Romney.
Even the praise for Romney/Ryan sounds very much like Mark Anthony's
reference to "honourable men".

For me the most libertarian moment wasnt the mention of the libertarian
ideology but
was the statement

"we -- we own this country
We -- we own it.
It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it.
Politicians are employees of ours. "

*
We have allowed our nation to be over taxed and over regulated and
overrun by bureaucrats,
the founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with.”
-Ron Paul