[Peace-discuss] Two Great Referenda, PI : link to bloody weft discourse

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 17:29:38 UTC 2012

Greets,
The new Public i includes a great piece by Mike Weissman, hopefully one can use
it in variety of ways to raise the subject.
Media Transparency announce cut left on cutting room floor, so I intend to use
the ucimc website to work on this, a little later
Couple of parags from and it's attached
For those who want to visit views on "WEFT history" and ongoing slander ..
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151055263002989&set=a.10150624583677989.388051.92629477988&type=1&theater

CGE doesn't allow posts to his page apparently, so this is a comment on a foto

again if you don't FB and you're still interested, reply

Two Great Referenda
by Michael Weissman and move to amend advocates
There’s way too much money in politics. The airwaves are getting crammed with
low-information attack ads. Ordinary people hardly ever have political
conversations with anyone with very different views anymore.
Just about everybody agrees with those points, but many figure there’s nothing
you can do about them. This November in Champaign and Urbana, we do get to do
something. There should be two referenda on the ballot, one in both towns and
the other in Urbana (maybe Champaign too, stay tuned) one aimed at curbing the
role of big money and the other at enhancing the voice of ordinary citizens.
These referenda got on the ballot by votes at township meetings. We hope this
short article will help introduce the referenda and get some discussion going.
There are bound to be questions and arguments, so we expect to follow up with a
more detailed article as those develop.
Support the Move To Amend, which will allow us to restore some of the laws
limiting big $ in politics. In 2010 the Supreme Court threw out almost all laws
limiting corporate $ in politics. . . . .