[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Finkelstein on Ghandi

ewj at pigsqq.org ewj at pigsqq.org
Fri Sep 7 03:33:50 UTC 2012

》I have to wonder why you used the two categories of Catholic and Latino as if they were necessarily distinct
》groups.  Most Latinos that I know are Catholic, although most Catholics are not Latino.

There is no implication on my part that the two groups are non-intersecting (distinct?) sets, or even that they are best represented as discrete sets.  Considering them as fuzzy sets with partial membership is also interesting.  Some Catholics are more Catholic than others.  I am not sure, for instance, which of {Cheech Marin, Taco Bell} is more Latino.  Eagles and Robins have greater membership in the set Birds than do penguins and middle fingers.

Some folks are even whiter than me.  -  Todd.