[Peace-discuss] In-District Update from Senator Mike Frerichs | September 2012

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 20:28:34 UTC 2012

Worth yr attn and action. Pls forward widely.

--- On Fri, 9/7/12, Senator Mike Frerichs <frerichs at senatedem.illinois.gov> wrote:

#yiv2117360553 #yiv2117360553letter_header {margin-top:0px !important;}

September 7, 2012

Dear Friends,
September is Hunger Action Month. There’s something we can all do to help feed a hungry neighbor this month. As part of Hunger Action Month, my office will be hosting a food drive to benefit the Eastern Illinois Food Pantry. I will be holding a food and fund drive from Sept. 10 through Sept. 28.
The need for donations does not end with the holiday season. Local food and fund drives are key sources of food and funding in our effort to alleviate hunger in our community.
Today, I would like to share two ways you can help us contribute to a worthy cause. You can drop off your donations at either one of my district offices. We will also collect donations at the events listed below.
•	Champaign office: The Illinois Bus Terminal, 45 E. University Ave., Suite 206, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
•	Danville office: 28 W. North St., First Floor, from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
Another option is to donate money to the Eastern Illinois Foodbank by clicking here.  For every dollar you donate, the Foodbank is able to to provide $10 worth of food.  Please do not forget to mention “Senator Mike Frerichs’ Food Drive” when you donate online.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to read this news update. If you look below, we have a few community events I am co-hosting. I hope you can join me, and if you have any comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact my office.
Sincerely,

Senator Michael Frerichs

52nd District – Illinois

A Meeting of the Minds

The Alzheimer’s Association, Representative Naomi Jakobsson and I invite you to join us to learn more about normal changes in memory as we age and the signs of potentially more serious memory loss. The Family Service Resource Center will also be participating in the discussion. For more information about this event, contact Jen Belkov, Senior Manager of Advocacy, Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Illinois Chapter, at 217-351-1726 or click here.