[Peace-discuss] They think you won't vote [from Color of Change]

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 20:19:40 UTC 2012

Forward widely! Remember these letters: WWCD?? (C isn't Christ, it's Chomsky... or maybe it's both)

--- On Fri, 9/7/12, Rashad Robinson, ColorOfChange.org <info at colorofchange.org> wrote:

#yiv1819159853 body, #yiv1819159853 td, #yiv1819159853 font {font-size:10pt;}
#yiv1819159853
#yiv1819159853 td p {margin:0em;}
#yiv1819159853 p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv1819159853 td div p {margin:1em 0em;}

 We hold the power.

Make sure your voice is heard.

Are you registered to vote? Are you sure?

Voter registration deadlines are coming up, and the stakes are high this election. If you’re not registered to vote at your current address, or if you're not sure, please click the link below and ask your friends and family to do the same. Our new voter registration tool makes it easy:
https://vote.colorofchange.org/register
Big corporations are spending more than ever to buy this election, and right-wing politicians are trying to suppress our vote using every trick in the book.1 But if enough of us prepare, get organized, and show up at the polls, nothing will be able to drown out our voices. But it starts with making sure that you and your family members and friends are registered to vote.
If you’ve moved recently or you’re not sure about your registration status, play it safe and register (there’s no harm in re-registering). Click the link to get started with our new voter registration tool:
https://vote.colorofchange.org/register
ColorOfChange members have already made a huge impact on our democracy this year. Because of our voices, 38 major companies have stopped funding ALEC, the right-wing lobbying group that worked to suppress the votes of Black folks and others across the country.2 It shows that we have tremendous power to hold corporations and politicians accountable.
Now it's time to bring our power to the ballot box. In 2008, Black voters turned out in huge numbers in key states like Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina and Florida, playing a huge role in electing Barack Obama.3 We need to be just as active this year — again, the results of the election may depend on how many of us turn out to vote.4 The right wing knows this, and that's why they are trying hard to suppress our votes.5
So ColorOfChange has made getting ready for election day easy. Please register to vote now, and encourage your friends and family to do the same. It’ll take just a moment, and it could make a huge difference in November and beyond.
https://vote.colorofchange.org/register
Thanks and Peace,
-- Rashad, Dani, Matt, Arisha, Aimée, Johnny and the rest of the ColorOfChange.org team
    September 7th, 2012