[Peace-discuss] AWARE questions - money for Jobs w Justice ($50); booking for indoor market (six more weeks of winter...)

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 9 18:53:26 UTC 2012

Questions for AWARE, to be raised at tonight's meeting at the White
Horse (6th & John, 5pm Sunday):

   - Two weeks ago, we'd considered a request from Jobs with Justice for
AWARE to join them as an org.
      If we do, they'd ask $50 dues for the year.   We said Yes at the
time, and can consider the question again tonight.

   - We'll soon need to sign up for the indoor version of the Farmer's
Market - six weeks, Nov. 10th through Dec. 15th.
      It's a longer day, from 8 AM through 1 PM.

      We need to sign up by Sep 21st to get a good rate -- $180 for six
weeks, or $140 for four, for example.

      Question for us: are there enough people willing & able to work a
couple hours on a Saturday morning that we should do this?

     There are a few of us working most of the Farmer's Market time
these days; on one Saturday in August, when other regulars were tied up
elsewhere and only Ron and Carol were available, not one other person
was able to be there, so we had to cancel for that week.

I see this as a sign that the current pool of people who are working the
market is pretty strained, so I'd rather not book us for all six indoor
weeks unless some more people do become available.