[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] [sf-core] Another Guantánamo prisoner death highlights Democrats' hypocrisy

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Thu Sep 13 01:09:12 UTC 2012

On 9/13/2012 8:08 AM, Scott Kimball wrote:
> How does silly and childish compare with shrewish and bitchy on the
> value scale?
>

> This is such such a typical patriarchal response to a woman speaking
> up that it would be comical if it were not the case that this man
> actually lives in our community. Whenever a woman speaks up and
> challenges the men, she becomes "the bitch". It doesn't matter what
> she says.Her words are not heard. Only the challenge to male authority
> is heard.  Compare this to when a man speaks out. When a man speaks
> out, he is heard and his thoughts are acknowledged to be worthy of
> discussion. Men can "reason" together in groups. Women, however, are
> too emotional and, perhaps, too intellectually inferior to be worthy
> of discussion. And, again, if a woman brings up the claim that men are
> being patriarchal or misogynistic, she is berated for being divisive
> or deviating from the important discussion (you know, the one the men
> are having).
>
> I find the discussions on this listserv to be very mean spirited, and
> most importantly, disorganizing. This is not the mode of discourse
> folks should use who want to organize for economic and social justice.
> You cannot work towards building a mass movement if you can't stop
> being an asshole.

Actually it was s'posed ta be at least half in jest, not only provocative.

The other half is rather a matter of cell biology.

("When I grow up... I think I'd like to be a cell."  - Barbara Vertel,
cell biologist, Rosalind Franklin Univ.)

*

Y:  What sort of woman would you like, Adam?

A:  Wow, dude.  I'd really like a woman who would always love me and be good
to me and care for me and understand me....

Y:  Adam, Adam.  Be realistic, man.  A woman like that would cost you an
Arm and a Leg.

A.  Hey.  What can I get for just a Rib?