[Peace-discuss] Fw: Social Security ALERT: Obama Set to Renege on Promise

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 13:30:40 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: National Committee To Preserve Social Security and Medicare
To: davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:39 AM
Subject: Social Security ALERT: Obama Set to Renege on Promise

           Forward this message
            View as web page
            Unsubscribe

                  Please call your Representatives today! This is an urgent call to action. They need to hear from you now.

                  We are mobilizing advocates across the nation in a Congressional Call-In today Wednesday, April 10th, the day that President Obama releases his budget, which includes cuts to Social Security.

                  President Obama’s budget reneges on his commitment to keep Social Security out of the deficit debate, ignoring his campaign promise to millions of Americans that he would protect vital middle class programs like Social Security. By including a proposal in his 2014 budget to change the current cost of living allowance formula…

                  Our goal is to flood Members of Congress with calls reminding them that Americans like you, across party lines, oppose cutting Social Security to pay for deficit reduction. President Obama’s Chained CPI budget proposal in his 2014 Budget will do exactly that.

                  Connect directly to your Congressional Leader from this toll-free number: 1-800-998-0180 and help us defend Social Security today!

                  Your support is truly appreciated,
                  Max Richtman

                  We need your immediate support. Will you chip in $10 to support our effort to help stop this budget today?

     National Committee to Preserve Social Security &Medicare
      10 G Street, NE, Suite 600
      Washington, DC 20002

     Click here to opt-out from this mailing list.

      Privacy Policy