[Peace-discuss] Most MoveOn Social Security events resceduled to Thu, 4/25

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Apr 17 16:30:25 UTC 2013

Most of the MoveOn leave Social Security alone events are rescheduled til
4/25 on account of Boston. I have rescheduled our event in Champaign
accordingly.

This gives us a little more time to organize ...

The thing that makes it useful to follow MoveOn on this, besides the extra
time: 1) MoveOn is going to email these events to their list, causing
people on the MoveOn list to show up and 2) typically, local media will
show up when they get a press advisory saying local MoveOn is doing such an
event which is part of a nationwide chain of events. These two things make
the effort of creating the event have much more impact.

---
**
26,000 people have signed our petition at SignOn:

Cut Social Security & Veterans' Benefits? Cut the Pentagon Instead!
http://signon.org/sign/cut-social-security-veterans?source=c.url&r_by=1135580

So far, there are 16 petition delivery events planned at Congressional
offices against cutting Social Security. Of these, at least three are "cut
the Pentagon instead" events: Madison, WI; Erie, PA; and Champaign, IL.

Madison, WI:
https://civic.moveon.org/event/events/event.html?event_id=138099&id=-6831705-BVj7lAx

Erie, PA:
https://civic.moveon.org/event/events/event.html?event_id=138100&id=-6831705-BVj7lAx

Champaign, IL:
https://civic.moveon.org/event/events/event.html?event_id=138075&id=-6831705-BVj7lAx

The search page is here. You can search for 300 miles from any zip code.
https://civic.moveon.org/event/events/index.html?_s=67f77fc38c1ba4dafc9f77f7e18ef1b66a54429263fe003611361060ef269349&action_id=317&id=&search_distance=300&search_zip=53703&submit=Search

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director