[Peace-discuss] "Obama Starting to Lose It Over Snowden"

ewj at pigsqq.org ewj at pigsqq.org
Mon Aug 5 14:50:12 UTC 2013

There are 4 kinds of people in China actually.

 1) Some are crazy to go abroad to the USA and it's their dream to get a
house
 with a lawn in Suburbia and live like an American. I kid you not, they
want that,
 and some have enough money to go do just that and they
 are doing it. I know a fellow who is working on buying a house in
 Naperville. Those kind of Chinese could care less about the war
 or anything else about American politics.

 2) I met a girl on the airplane who told me that Barack Obama was her hero
 and she had read his books and she was so excited to being able to sit
next
 to an American and talk about Obama. I dont think she was prepared for
 my opinion.

I heard of another woman who is the heiress to the Wahaha fortune.  She
said
that Hillary R. Clinton was her idol.  Certainly a perspective very
different indeed
i'd say...

 3) Some are very wise to what the US has been doing domestically and
around the world. The people who work for me are in that category. I am
sure I did not hire them because of their libertarian views and I am also
not sure that I influenced them all that much. They pretty much think that
the Chinese government is corrupt and the US government is corrupt.

 They are perhaps more resigned than me to accept things the way they are,
 what Shaw called "reasonable". I am pretty much the unreasonable type.

 4) Some dont even think about the USA one way or the other.

 Thoreau said that the mass of men live lives of quiet desperation.  I dont
take the
numbing potion of resignation with silence.

But you asked about the Chinese.

<carl at newsfromneptune.com>, Peace-discuss List
<peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>

<http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/08/obama-starting-to-lose-it-over-snowden.html#ViOHVsxMMj1xldXd.99>